Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Joaquin Jackson Recall Underway

I was approached with a link to a Joaquin Jackson recall effort being discussed at GunThing forums. They asked my opinion and if I was interested in joining them.

As you see from my reply, I did have some reservations--I still do, but not enough to let these guys muster without me.

The same day, I found out there was an identical effort being promoted at Western Rifle Shooters Association. This one was more developed, and an actual petition has already been crafted.

I introduced the principals to each other and they are proceeding with the existing petition. I completed mine and mailed it in yesterday.

To sum things up, you must be an NRA Life Member or higher, OR an annual member of five years' standing. If you're not, you can still help by spreading the word.

A blog is being developed to be a central information repository and to provide updates. I'll post the url when it's ready to be released into the wild.

UPDATE: Sebastian thinks this isn't worth the effort. I left a comment wondering if his objections may provide the key to resolving this.

4 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Are people who are still paying on a lifetime membership (via installment) eligible to sign the petition? My continued support for the NRA (in the form of my membership installments), despite my unhappiness with their current direction, is predicated on the idea that as a life member, I might perhaps have some say in changing that direction. Getting rid of Jackson is exactly the kind of change (albeit on a smaller level than I ultimately have in mind) I would like to see in the NRA.

By the way, I started paying on my life membership in Oct. 2005, if that makes a difference.

Concerned American said...

At the end of the day, the mission (I believe) is to get JJ gone. The exact
nature of "how" is immaterial. However, IMHO, there is zero chance of the NRA
cajoling the old duffer off the Board w/o the pressure supplied by the recall
petition drive.

45Superman: suggest you call the NRA directly and ask to speak with Jim Land. Tell him your question and why you are asking; it'll be a two-fer!

Anonymous said...

My bet is the NRA ( and I don't know Jim Land) will tell you they have a sooper sekrit strategy that can only be accomplished by pretending to be in league with the anti-gunners and that they are sure that Joaquin is serving his purpose as a diversion while the NRA sneaks up and turns the whole thing around, IF YOU WILL JUST SEND THEM MORE MONEY AND NOT QUESTION ALL THE QUESTIONABLE DEALS WAYNE MAKES.

Well Hell, how could we resist, we been buying that shit for a long time, now.

Unknown said...

Let's nail the pelt to the wall, then see what they say:

http://recalljoaquinjackson.blogspot.com/