Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name

Suddenly, what had been an "assault weapon" (or the even less honest use of the term "assault rifle") has become a "patrol rifle"--presumably because it is now in the hands of a police officer.

Well, that's because, aside from having powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, "The Only Ones" also can magically transmute "mass-murderizers" into "peace generators." You and I, on the other hand, will only wreak incompetent and homicidal havoc.

Hey, if enlightened and professional "authorized journalists" believe it, who are we to argue?

5 comments:

Fletch said...

Assault weapons make it easy to kill lots of people.

You don't need assault weapons.

The police do.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Assault weapons make it easy to kill lots of people.

You don't need assault weapons.

The police do.


Because the police need "to kill lots of people" easily?

Not even bothering with the fiction of "to protect and serve," are you?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Oops--I'm starting to think you were being ironic, and (genius that I am) I walked right into it.

I'm a bloody genius, aren't I?

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

At least I eventually figured it out.

Anonymous said...

So when 'they' come to take my assault rifle, can I say it's just a patrol rifle to make them leave me alone? Sam