Friday, November 23, 2007

For Once I'm Speechless

Today's mail came in, and included a hefty box from CCRKBA. Seems I was the April 2007 Gun Rights Defender of the Month for my expose resulting in the FAA issuing a correction in the Federal Register to their previous assertion that the Second Amendment is a collective right. This is the first I've heard of this, so I hope they don't think I'm an ingrate for not thanking them before now.

I must say this caught me flat-footed--I do recall corresponding with John M. Snyder a while back thinking he was going to mention something about my work in a write-up, and when I heard nothing more assumed it was one of those articles that never makes it past the idea stage. I'll also admit that I'm generally one to forego awards and banquets and all their trappings because there is work in the trenches to be done--that, and if I'd wanted to be popular, I'd be prattling on about Paris and Britney instead of ...ick!... gun rights.

But the plaque sure is nice (it matches my office/den decor perfectly),and their write-up is too, especially when you consider I've not been shy about disagreeing with CCRKBA in the past, and they're big enough to not hold that against me.

So thank you, Mr. Gottlieb and Mr. Snyder. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and generosity you have extended to a wild-eyed, intemperate troublemaker like me, and will do my best to continue being one.

11 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

Congratulations! You deserve it, and more!

SamenoKami said...

You deserve all the accolades you get. WoG is my favorite gun-blog. I think you are making a difference.
Post a picture of the award. Congratulation!!

David Codrea said...

Posted. Thanks.

SamenoKami said...

Nice!!!
And I left off the "S."
CongratulationS!!

Ryan Horsley said...

Congratulations David! When in come to a Gun Rights Defender, you are awesome! You are an example to all of us to dig in our heels and fight.

Thank you!

Fits said...

Congratulations. We need more like yourself and its good to see such fine work being noticed.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to congratulate you for being a gun rights advocate or for your invaluable service in that arena.

Because you are so much more. You are a civil rights advocate, whose agenda is to further the natural rights of man. Gun rights are the facilitator of all the rest, but your work is so much deeper than just that one aspect.

I thank you. And I will congratulate for being the kind of man we all should be.

Anonymous said...

Well-deserved!

Michael Hawkins said...

Congratulation!

You're one of the most productive bloogers on my list, and your material is good, so you deserve that award!

BobG said...

Definitely deserved; this is on of my first stops every morning, and one of the best sources for current news on the campaign against the second amendment.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!

I'm very happy for you David.

As other have said it is a truly well deserved accolade.

Thanks for all you do.

1894C