Friday, November 23, 2007

Sorry, Wrong Number

TEENAGERS will have an anti-gun film beamed direct to their mobiles in a new bid to keep them the right side of the thin Bluetooth line.

Interesting that the MySpace poster is a 40-year-old single male who calls himself "Nemesis," and who is reaching out to young people. Interesting and a little creepy.

Me, I'm wondering if the dream sequence video game had been Super Mario instead of a first person shooter, would the thug have fantasized about jumping on top of the cops amidst cartoon background noises instead of shooting them? That and what is it with UK cops and racial assumptions? Every damned one of the first responders look like PCSO Steve, and the perps all look like, well...

Perhaps the warning at the end of the film clip would benefit from a minor edit:

5 comments:

Ryan Horsley said...

After watching the video, I should hope he wouldn't pull a Daisy Air Pistol on armed police officers.

David Codrea said...

You'd think I'd know better than to argue over this, but are you sure that's not a Crossman Repeater?

Ryan Horsley said...

It actually appears to be a Marksman 1010, sorry I am a little rough on my air pistol knowledge. I just knew that it wasn't a real pistol.

Anonymous said...

It appears it was easier to go negitive instead of positive. Which would have been showing young men and women getting propper gun safety training.

me said...

I guess they didn't get the memo...

http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/11/20/wi-fi-causing-autism/

Yeah, it's not technically Wi-Fi, but why pump MORE EM radiation into em? I guess it's all part of the parapaga.. err, educati... err, safety, yeah, that's the ticket!