Friday, November 30, 2007

Suffredin Succotash!

"I am tired of business as usual. I am tired of picking up the paper or turning on the news to see reports about innocent children gunned down in cold blood, because some gang member bought a gun at their local gun shop," Suffredin said. "For nearly thirty years, I have fought for sensible gun laws. Whether it was against the NRA or legislative leaders, I fought to pass laws to keep guns off our streets."

Doing Snuffy's dirty work for him, Larry? And if John R-I-G-G-I-O doesn't shut down Chuck's Gun Shop, are you going to have your "Only Ones" snuff him out?

There can be no peace with these evil creatures--they will not allow it. They insist on pushing and pushing and leaving no choice but to obey or be destroyed. How much longer people who consider themselves free will put up with their undisguised tyranny remains to be seen. In short, Larry, when are people going to get tired of you?

And incidentally--to the Reuters "Authorized Journalist" headline writers--I was going to correct you and say the word is "Reined," but now that I've read the article, I see spelling it with a "g" is more appropriate.

[UPDATE: I see Mikestraw1 and KABA beat me to two punches...]

6 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

"I am tired of business as usual." Me, too!

"I am tired of picking up the paper or turning on the news to see reports about innocent children gunned down in cold blood, because some" politician or activist would deny them the effective means to protect themselves through ill-conceived laws.

Suffredin said. "For nearly thirty years, I have fought for" ... The only thing you have fought for is implementation of draconian punishments against those who exercise basic human rights. "I fought to pass laws to keep guns" only in the hands of criminals. Yeah, you are a real humanitarian, you waste of skin.

Anonymous said...

when was the last time a gang member bought from a gun shop?

me said...

when was the last time a gang member bought from a gun shop?

Perhaps in Bloomberg's "investigation"? Any of the BATFU "investigations"

Kent McManigal said...

45-70 said...
when was the last time a gang member bought from a gun shop?


I've seen cops in gun stores lots of times, haven't you?

Don said...

"SOURCE Commissioner Larry SuffredinLarry Suffredin, +1-312-603-6383"

I'm pretty sure that means that nobody at Reuters did anything with this; they just reprinted a press release sent to them by Suffredin. The question is whether Suffredin is really as close to illiteracy as that would imply.

Less said...

Funny... I work in the same building as him... Sigh.

What I find interesting is the following:

"A 2004 study by the group, Americans for Gun Safety, reported that, basedon statistics provided by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms,between 1996 and 2000, 2,370 guns sold at Chuck's Gun Shop had been used in acrime, one of which resulted in the death of a Chicago Police Officer."

What kind of crime? Possession?

What are the stats for a similar store in the area?