Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Can the Glock PSP Be Far Behind?

Taser International Inc.'s newest weapons for the public will come in leopard print and fit in a holster embedded with an MP3 player, the stun gun maker said Monday.
You gotta be kiddin' me. I had to double check this to make sure it wasn't some sort of joke article...

Yep, nothing like encouraging people to assume a perpetual state of Condition White* as the best means of situational preparedness for personal defense. This is just so profoundly stupid, but I guess that's what happens when products are designed based on a desire to create and exploit fads by people without a clue about how serious a self defense situation really is, or how a bit of alertness can prevent the need for confrontation in the first place.

It seems to me--just from a corporate risk management standpoint--that encouraging customers for self-defense products to be oblivious to their surroundings is something that could come back to haunt you in the form of a product liability lawsuit.

But what do I know? Maybe it'll be a fantastic success and make the company a ton of money. Just in case, I've hedged my bets, and have developed a product of my own: The WarOnGuns Handgun/Cellphone.

Hello, Jodie...?

This is just a prototype. The marketed version will come in a leopard print too, as well as other fashionable designs, and maybe even a choice of pine or lemon fresh scent...

*I'm admittedly abusing Col. Cooper's definition here, as he intended it to indicate preparedness for decisive action to take life.

10 comments:

chris horton said...

Someone found your link off my site and proceeded to ask me after looking at it, what you had against Heller! Get It? They thought the DC were your initials! No kidding! These are the COMPLETELY CLUELESS SHEEPLE we have to share the air with. Nice picture by the way. All the great ones seem to be named David! YUCK!!

Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

Mr. Codrea,

I don't have your email, so I thought I'd bring your attention to this here... http://wnd.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59566

David Codrea said...

Luke, thank you. Three things:
1. The only people I expect to call me "Mr. Codrea" are my wife and kids.
2. Email is in the "About Me" header above:
dcodrea AT hotmail DOT com
3. Please see here.

Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

D'oh! How'd I miss that?

Stan said...

Off topic (my apologies), but has anyone heard of or read Ron Paul's Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report, or The Ron Paul Survival Report newsletter in the 70s, 80s and 90s?

If so, is this story accurate?

David Codrea said...

It's a smear job by a leftist hitman, and I am going to do a piece on the liars who try to portray Dr Paul as anti semitic or racist. Since no one can provide any direct evidence, they keep trying to come up with tangential crap to throw at him, counting that some will stick with the uninformed and those who glom onto sound bites and consider themselves informed.

Kind of makes you wonder why everybody is dismissing Paul as a loon, or as a racist--and presenting Establishment-approved alternatives as the sane choice to make.

Gee, I wonder why. And I wonder why those on "our side" are so quick to latch onto it and remain oblivious to the obvious con job going on by those vested in the big lie.

Anonymous said...

The MP3 player embedded in the taser is really a self-shocking device (with the leads cleverly disguised as earphones) which knocks out the OWNER so they don't realize they've been robbed/attacked.

Imagine the suspect's surprise when they go to rob someone of their iPod and the owner points the iPod at them and suddenly collapses and starts thrashing about! The PERFECT defense tool, and likely approved by the Brady group too!

< /sarcasm >
< SIGH >

Sean said...

Can the Dell .45ACP, or the Hewlitt Packard (HP) 9mm. be far behind? Windows XP in 30.006,.270,7mm, 375 H&H, .243, and .257 Roberts (special order only). Of course,a full auto IBM 200 in 9mm manufactured before 1986 and already registered will be available to those who pass a background check/investigation and pay a $200 fee. Provided they can find one and have $16,000.00 to spare.

me said...

a WINDOWS XP in 30.06...bringing new meaning to the phrase "blue screen of death"

The only thing the marketing folks missed is how much easier it would be to market this as "gene pool cleanser"

Anonymous said...

Hey! I work for MS. And you should know that for Windows 98 we considered selling advertising space on the Blue Screen of Death. That's a feature, not a bug!

[Just kidding about the advertising. It's an old inside joke.]

I do work for MS and I'm working with some people on a gun related product but I can't talk about it right now. Maybe in a few months...