Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Maybe I Should Follow Suit...

I like guns and, if I could own one, I would.

I'd like to be able to defend myself from gun-wielding nutters like you. You know, pop a cap in yo' ass. [More]
Now I'm in for it. Let's see, if I was going to follow the example of our brave and loyal opposition, now that a "death threat" of sorts has been made, I'd have to close down this blog and erase my tracks.

Wasn't that his rationale...? Still, I wonder why he hasn't shared links to the threats he claims he received...?

This is even more specific than threatening to "snuff out" somebody, and look at all the brouhaha that caused. It's not like anyone can claim they don't know what "pop a cap in yo' ass" means...

Hmmm...first trolls warn me I'll be sued if I don't drop an ongoing investigation and erase all records of it. That didn't work, and now a[nother?] troll is upping the ante in comments to the post where I say I won't back down.

And this is being done in "support" of a CeaseFire PA director, an organization that purportedly exists solely to reduce "gun violence"? What did the one [other?] troll say? Oh, yeah, "Why is it so few Americans do irony?"
I don't know, pal. Why don't you tell me?

Good thing I'm not the type to let my imagination run wild. Otherwise, I might think there's some connection, aside from the fact that people--regardless of the issue or which "side" they consider themselves to be on--who make anonymous threats share the trait of employing despicable and cowardly tactics. Which should surprise no one.

There's one other thing that could come up, so I'll just head it off before it does. Some may claim I posted the comment myself, or had a friend do it for me. Yeah, but there are a couple things that could make such a move dangerous to me: If the threatened litigation occurs, depositions with penalties for perjury will be made, and it's even conceivable that computer forensics experts will be retained. I'd imagine a lie would be pretty easy to expose and the consequences would be severe.

As for reporting this to the "authorities," I would if I seriously thought it would not be an overreaction to something I can handle myself. That said, there is nothing to stop any of you from reporting this link to whatever agency you see fit, and if so, I'll cooperate fully with any investigation. And those are people you don't lie to unless you're prepared to go to jail. Again, I don't believe the snotty "pop a cap in yo' ass" comment rises to the level of a credible threat that would merit that, but I can't stop anyone who disagrees with me from doing what they think is right.
My bottom line: After exploiting it to show the mindset of our "ideological opponents," I laugh stuff like this off and press on. And I simply don't believe anyone who says this is the reason he took his blogs and profiles down and erased all records of them. I don't believe that for a minute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God Mr Codrea you really are beginning to sound like a hysterical little girl! You think I've made a veiled death threat against you!? Are you twelve and hormonal? I don't know you from Adam but if I were reading this blog fresh I'd think you've just lost any credibility you ever had.

This is what I said and it wasn't really directed at you in any case. I meant a general "you", not you specifically. I don't think anyone on here is supporting me after all.

I think you misunderstand me. I like guns and, if I could own one, I would.

I'd like to be able to defend myself from gun-wielding nutters like you. You know, pop a cap in yo' ass. That sort of thing. Damn that dumbass gun nut in Dunblane who screwed up my party.


Your selective quoting of it, in an attempt to make it sound like a threat, is pretty pathetic. For a start I referred to gun-wielding nutters "like" you, not you specifically. Furthermore, the "pop a cap in yo' ass" is an virtually all pervasive expression you must hear practically every day. In that case, you must be a very nervous individual indeed if you think everyone is threatening you from 50 Cent down.

"Wahhh, Mommie, little Johnny said he'd pop a cap in my ass."

"Don't be silly dear, now run along and play."

For the record, I have no intention of popping a cap in anyone's ass. I merely find the expression amusing. I'm not the one who owns guns after all, so I rather lack the wherewithal to do anything of the sort. Even if I were to encounter any of you with a gun, presumably you've got more than enough fire power to defend yourselves, so what are you scared of exactly?

For your information, I visited a gun club on a couple of occassions before the ban and had quite an enjoyable time shooting .45 revolvers and 9mm pistols so I know how to handle a gun, which end the bullet comes out of, etc. Then a gun nut like you guys ruined everything for the law-abiding citizens of the UK. Eventually you will face restrictions on gun ownership, it's inevitable and it probably can't come too soon. Enjoy your pea shooters while you can because you're pissing in the wind.

David Codrea said...

No, no, no. Reading is a skill and it requires patience. You forgot the part where I said I laugh people like you off. Of course I don't consider you a credible threat. Hell, I don't even consider you a man.

But here's a little thought experiment for you: We live in a nation with equal protection under the law--where no one is considered more important in the eyes of the law than anyone else.

Why don't you try sending your little "pop a cap in yo' ass" comment in an email to, say the President. You think I react hormonally--you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Thirdpower said...

Wow. Look at the bravely anonymous puppet dance.

At least he admits in an earlier thread that all "gun control" laws do is disarm those who follow it and have no effect on criminals.

Anonymous said...

from Stupid: "Then a gun nut like you guys ruined everything for the law-abiding citizens of the UK."

Sorry, you're wrong again. What that evil sonofabitch did was kill innocent people. But, it was guys like you who ensured the next evil sonofabitch would have even less to worry about and a whole lot more helpless victims. Now he doesn't need to attack a school yard against unarmed children. He can find unarmed children of all ages everywhere in the UK now.

That was your doing and those like you. Not his. What he did was evil and inexcuable. What you and your ilk did was worse. You condemned entire nations to the predations of evil monsters and you enforce your alliance with the monsters with same tools the monsters use, while denying innocents the use of those implements in defense.

You're the gun nutter, but like most people of serious mental affliction, you don't realize you are the one who is nuts.

Anonymous said...

"Then a gun nut like you guys ruined everything for the law-abiding citizens of the UK."

Wrong. Thomas Hamilton was ineligible for a firearms certificate. If anybody deserves the blame for Dunblane, it's the incompetent officials who gave him a certificate, without actually checking his request, as they were legally required to do.

The Gun Control Network here in the UK know about this, and lied about it, just so they could get a ban. They even assaulted a firearms expert for trying to tell the truth.

One last thing - the proper term for Mr Codrea and his associate is not "gun nut", nor will it ever be. The proper term is "good guy". Why?

Because compared to the Brady Campaign, our GCN and even IANSA, they ARE the good guys. Mr Codrea might make the odd mistake or misunderstanding, but he's never lied. Can any of the aforementioned groups say the same?

Of course not.