Wednesday, January 02, 2008

BATFU Ignoring Congress

From Ryan Horsley:

"For 2 year in a row now the Appropriations committee has included language regarding the ATF shutting down dealers for minor paperwork violations."
He still urges us to contact our senators to block confirmation of "Maximum Mike".

And I still note deafening silence from our leaders in Fairfax, who came up with the excuse that their contact form was broken--as if that's the only way they'd ever hear about this. It should be clear to all by now that the reason they haven't weighed in is because they don't want to. I guess if that's the game we're going to play, it's time to tell them to quit stalling and give an unequivocal answer.

I also hear nothing but crickets from the Saxby Chambliss camp. For a while there, someone was hitting my site via the search term "Charlie Harman," and Ryan even made the unprecedented good faith effort of removing his post when the senator's aide told him it was "a misunderstanding" with a promise to revisit the issue. I'd say it's time to turn the lights on again.

1 comment:

Ken said...

FWIW, I faxed Voinovich at the Cleveland office again yesterday. I'll look up Sherrod Brown's local offices and fax him this week.