Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Wrongheaded Extremist

It's past time to voice our disgust with wrongheaded extremists.

OK, but while you're voicing it, let me ask a few questions:

Wouldn't you have preferred that your son had a fighting chance to save his life?

Why are you bent on consigning other parents to the same anguish you are suffering--under armed force of law?

If someone brought guns one of those public place where you think they don't belong, and then began shooting, what precisely would you be able to do to protect yourself , your loved ones and anyone else until the police arrived?

If you won't protect yourself, why would you expect someone else to risk his life protecting you?
I'm sorry for your pain, but not so sorry I'll let you use it as a claim on my life, or the lives of those I love. Go ahead and give each of these questions an unequivocal answer, and we'll see who the wrongheaded extremist really is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't work up any sympathy for a man who says "I lost my child, you should lose yours too."

He is more than wrong, he is immoral. Evidently that praying thing in the kitchen didn't do much for him.

Anonymous said...

Obviously driven insane by grief.
I truly sympathize with his loss, but how dare he work to perpetuate the conditions that led to his son's death!
Gun control does not and never has kept weapons out of the hands of evildoers bent on misdeeds. Wishing that fact away just demonstrates that your grasp on reality needs work.

Anonymous said...

I must be an wrongheaded extremist because I was on the GA capital steps this morning, supporting the introducton of the Second Amendment Protection Act (HB 915).

Georgia has more restrictions on carrying a firearm than most states in the country, including CA! It's outrageous and unconstitutional.

If you're a gun owner in Georgia, even if you don't have a GFL or routinely carry in your car, this bill affects you. We need your support. Call your rep. and senator and tell them to vote YES on HB 915.

oldguy said...

I'm going to say that this was all grief. Emotion without logic.
I feel sorry for his loss and will not chastise him at this pont in time.

Anonymous said...

I lost a brother, and my parents lost their 18 year old son to a drunken driver.

Guess I should be supporting "sensible" car laws, and "sensible" booze control laws.

But then, driving drunk was already illegal back then. Now a guy can be arrested and thrown in jail for having two beers.

I have no empathy for someone who calls for rampant government controls because they or a loved one is a victim of a criminal.

If he'd taught his son that bad things sometimes happen to good people maybe his son would have objected to the idiots who helped disarm him from his job at VT.