Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Running Man

Clayton Cramer is running for Idaho State Senate (District 22).

I've worked on campaigns before where the candidate had a long record of putting it all on the line for gun owners and was appalled at the lackluster support they received-- most gun-owning constituents did literally nothing.

We're always saying we need more pro-RKBA candidates, yet when we get them never seem to find any time or money to help out. It makes me wonder why any candidate would ever give more than general platitudes when asked about the Second Amendment, or ever go out on a limb once elected--really--why incur the liability?

Gun owners in District 22 now have an opportunity to elect someone capable of leading and teaching on the issue. Do you realize how special, rare and needed that is?

Wouldn't it be nice for just once to vote for someone you know will represent your views, instead of holding your nose and doing the same old "lesser of two evils" routine?

If you've never been involved in a campaign, what's holding you back? They can be fun, are great learning experiences and afford all kinds of opportunities to network with like-minded citizens, building camaraderie, and importantly, hope. I truly never did work on a campaign where I felt I gave more than I received. And local races especially are where an individual can really make a difference.

There will always be excuses to "Let George Do It." Don't miss this chance to involve yourself.

Click on the title link to learn more, and then contact the campaign to donate and volunteer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he have relatives in Florida? We could sure use one! :)

Anonymous said...

If so many pro-RKBA candidates didn't also support the so called "drug war" and elimination of the bill of rights besides amendment 2 that goes along with that and the "war on terror" it would be easier to vote for them.

Lately I'm stuck with NONE OF THE ABOVE in every contest I've had a chance to vote in.

Stephen said...

I floated the idea here in my area to run for Senate, and was literally shocked at the apathy and some out right hatefulness towards my candidacy. What pro-gun person likes the ATF? More than you think, unfortunately.

Nobody wants to go out on a limb to support someone different b/c they don't want their name attached to that person should he lose.

It disgusts me. Gun owners don't realize how close we are to losing our rights and without brave people to stand up for them, it's going to come sooner rather than later.

David Codrea said...

Tom, did you check out his drug stance, where he admits the "laws created an enormous market opportunity for criminals," says "Stricter enforcement of drug laws is not going to do a great deal of good" and advocates education? He also avoids the hypocrisy of those who condemn drugs on one hand while holding a bottle of booze in the other.

You're never going to find anyone you agree with 100% on all issues--I've even had spirited disagreements with him on applied 2A in the past, but I have those with just about everyone in the RKBA movement. And I most probably will find differences in the future on that, as well as with some of his other policy positions--and some of my views are actually quite divergent from his. But the degree is not enough to override the proximity to my core beliefs.

If I lived in his district, I'd vote for him and help his campaign. Matter of fact, that's what I'm doing now.

Wouldn't it be pretty inexcusable if some guy on a computer in Ohio was doing more to promote this candidate than most Idaho gun owners?

Anonymous said...

Nearly as inexcusable as claiming that The Team fields no true conservative candidates, then ignoring the two most conservative candidates and getting behind the status quo statists.

(I'm picking on the Red Team; that was not directed at anyone here.)

Perhaps Mr. Cramer should promise a chicken in every pot, and a government boot on every neck. American voters seem to like this sort of thing. He'd win in a landslide.

Anonymous said...

Point taken, David. I wish I had a choice like this one in Texas. My dad says I should run myself if nobody else will do it but I can't go into it with a defeatist attitude so I'm working on it (my attitude and aspirations).

Anonymous said...

I love your fresh pro-gun perspective! As a Jewess in the US, may I remind everone that criminals are stopped by FIREARMS, not by talk? And that America wasn't won with a registered gun? That is why all REAL Americans put our 2nd Amendment FIRST!