Friday, April 04, 2008

Carnival of Collective Rights

What with the recent backpeddling by a key Brady attorney in anticipation of an individual rights determination in Heller, I'd like to have a little fun memorializing the record.

If any pro-RKBA bloggers are interested in participating in a carnival of sorts, just take a screen shot of an anti-gun site claiming 2A was intended as a collective right, include a link to that page and post the picture on your blog.

Like this.


Then send me the url and I'll feature it here in, say, a week?

Before anybody enters a comment along the lines of "What if we lose?," all I can say is I'm looking for people with winning attitudes here.

2 comments:

The Infamous Oregon Lawhobbit said...

I like it! Duly tossed into my my share of the Casey Lartigue Show! blog.

Anonymous said...

can I answer the quesiton, huh, please, please??

If we lose, the seeds of destruction will have been sown for this nation as it is now constituted. Cops will hide, they only like it 13 to one against unarmed innocent people, at least half the military will desert and defend liberty and the real constitution in honor of their oath, the men and women dedicated to liberty will actively resist and the pragmatists will surrender their arms and plead for everybody not so disposed to be reasonable and submit to slavery.

Did I do good, huh? I think we will get a narrow victory at Scotus full of all kinds of qualifiers, but worded to appear as a victory for liberty and individual rights.

While I just can't trust the people that decided Kelo to do the right thing, I don't think they are stupid enough to not realize what a dangerous position they will place the entire structure of this nation in if they declare for absolute state power.

I truly wish they could be relied upon to do the right thing, however I think they will abuse the populace as much as they think safe while pretending they have found in their favor. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but it has been a long time since I have been and even longer since I had reason to trust.