Sunday, April 27, 2008

Doritos Recognizes Those Who Do Something

So look at who they're recognizing and do something yourself. And read the response from corporate wormtongue Cathy Dial. Where do they find such creatures?

Stuff's bad for ya anyway.

As an aside, I remember the North Hollywood shootout, and the shameful way B&B Guns, now closed down, was treated after they loaned the police rifles. They should have been honored in an official ceremony by a grateful city, instead of ignored and despised by wretched ingrates intent on their destruction.

[Via Jeffersonian]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,

What happened to B&B Guns? I completely missed that story.

David Codrea said...

They went bankrupt.

My point was the community should have honored them and given them public recognition, and never did.

Anonymous said...

David, I understand that. What I was asking was what did the LAPD do to them? I caught a whisper that B&B had to sue to get the rifles they voluntarily loaned the LAPD back. Then nothing else. Was there some kind of big fight that eventually bankrupted B&B or what. I would have thought the cops and the community would be grateful for the help B&B provided and that they would be rewarded, not punished. But then again, we are talking about "Only Ones" here.

David Codrea said...

I've heard all kinds of rumors, Bill, but nothing it would be fair to repeat without actual knowledge. What we know for sure is they saved the day and were ignored for it because they were despised by local government.

Anonymous said...

Thank - you for the reply David, I appreciate it. Please post more if you get any credible information on this story.