Thursday, April 10, 2008

We're the Only Ones Blown Away Enough

A former Edgewater police officer has been sentenced to probation for making a woman perform oral sex on him in exchange for not taking her to jail.

That's what happens when the "Only Ones" with authority have been conditioned to view the people as inferiors to be commanded, that is, as property to dispose of as they will. And if we are to accept that she truly only had two choices, who is to say she did not make the pragmatic one?

And naturally they gave him probation. The in-your-face elitism never fails to blow my...uh...mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least, the "authorized journalists" disclosed his identity.

Anonymous said...

Something similar happened, more than once, many years ago in Louisiana. The FBI scraped the no good sonofabitch up with squeegees. They estimated that there were at least 30 12ga. shotguns used on the rapist cop. Nothing else ever came of it. In those days no law enforcement agency would have gone into that bayou and tried to arrest anyone for dispensing justice.

It looks like we are headed back there.

Anonymous said...

And no, I wasn't involved. I was an outsider who just happened to be living there for awhile. They didn't know whether I could be trusted or not. I don't KNOW who was involved, but if I did, I would never tell.

Those were some of the friendliest, nicest, most polite people I have ever lived among. They were as peaceful a people as one could wish for, right up until someone violated them or their loved ones.

I have often wondered if the well known history and practice of corruption in Louisiana politics and law enforcement were not responsible for the citizens' proclivity for taking such direct and severe action against violators of themselves and their loved ones. I tend to think it was. I tend to think,also, that we will see a resurgence of that spirit throughout this land if law enforcement and adjudication keeps refusing to police itself.