Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Olofson Incarceration Update

From Len Savage:
On Monday I received a collect call from David Olofson. David says he is doing well. He was assigned to the prison law library and does duties as teachers aide, and helps other convicts look up the subject laws involving their cases. He tells me he helped three so far.

He has been receiving correspondence regularly and he enjoys it. He was disappointed at the level of censoring, and his family photos keep getting sent back to his family.

David remarked at the sub-standard food. He gave me an example that when they serve ground beef, it means it includes beef byproducts like gristle, kidney, etc. He said if that is the worst he has to deal with he will manage just fine.

David is very concerned for his family, his wife could use some encouragement. The fact is his family is getting the worst of the punishments according to David. His wife gets up at 4:00am to gather the children together so she can still work, as they have a home, and to make ends meet.

As a side note please give David's mailing address again. If possible a link to GOA website for those who would like to help save the family home during his incarceration.

"De Oppresso liber" to liberate the oppressed...

Gladly:

David R. Olofson
08632089-K1
Federal Correctional Institute
PO Box 1000
Sandstone, MN 55072

Olofson Relief Fund

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've made my first of many donations to the Olofson relief fund. Have you done the same and if not why not? Remember every little bit helps! Do it today!

Anonymous said...

I will.

A JPFO alert suggests, tongue-in-cheek, videotaping oneself shooting every firearm one owns, along with boxes of ammunition etc., so if one is ever "olofsoned" one can prove that ... well, that at some time in the past, all one's guns functioned correctly as intended and are not "machine guns," including those double-barrels and revolvers.
Then they suggest more practical ways to fight this NON-sense.

Anonymous said...

If we don't help the Olofson family, who will?

Stephen said...

Can you elaborate on the level of censoring? Is he saying that his correspondence is being redacted?

Can we send him stamps or other things like that?

Anonymous said...

I got my confirmation note from GOA today. I wonder if they are close to their goal? I hope so.

Tomorrow is the first of August, and another mortgage payment is due. They come up so quick, don't they?

Anonymous said...

correction: I meant "Friday", not tomorrow.

Stephen said...

What is truly amazing, to me at least, is that I could post this on ANY of the gun forums, and get *maybe* one person to donate. Most of the others would do nothing. Even most of the 'hardest core' gun rights person would do nothing. It makes me sick. With our numbers... well, with the numbers of people any of the big 3 gun forums, you would think that Olofson would have ZERO problem paying off his house. If everyone just gave ten bucks....

David Codrea said...

What amazes me, Stephen, is how many "gun bloggers" sneer at support for Olofson--some even revel in his incarceration.

I sent stanps to Wayne Fincher and they were intercepted--they want prisoners to buy that from the commissary, and treat it like sending them cash.

I'm not sure about total do's/don't rules. The BoP website is pretty nonintuitive for locating specific info like that. I'll see if I can find out more, but wouldn't mind if someone else got there first...

Stephen said...

Sorry, had to delete my prior post.

I'm doing research on it. 20 minutes later, I found the stupid link.

You are not allowed to send stamps.

http://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5265_011.pdf

I had the wrong link previously.

BourneShooter said...

Another reminder of how far we have gone from the days of Patrick Henry. "Give me Liberty or Give me DEATH!"

"De Opressor Liber" prayers tonight.

Stephen said...

I posted the link in a gun forum I view. I don't think it'll help but I have to attempt.

Unknown said...

I signed up for $20/month. It's not much, but I plan to send more after I've lined up my next job.

Most of you guys are working, so I'd think you'd hardly miss $20/month. What is that? A beer a week? Two pizzas a month? Five gallons of gas?

How about it? Will you fork over a couple of sawbucks to help someone who is clearly being screwed over by the BATF Nazis?