Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"Protecting Your Freedom Since, Um..."

21 Guns, Salute enters the Bob Barr Poster Contest.

Speaking of which, Western Rifle Shooters Association has posted the gallery to date (not bad since this was just announced the other day).

We're having fun--please join us--if you have a blog I'll direct traffic there. if you don't, I'll post your entry here.

And even if you're not the artistic type, there's still a way to participate--and I'd actually like to get everyone reading this to do so:

Tonight at 6:30 (I assume EST since the blog appears to originate in VA), Bob Barr's son and campaign spokesman, Derek Barr, will be "liveblogging" at Good Sense. As you can see from the "Comments," I've already set the stage for the reason I'm holding this poster contest:
Why is the Barr campaign and Libertarian Party not replying to email inquiries about his support for the Lautenberg gun ban?
Some backup during the live blog will be appreciated, especially if the response needs to be expanded or clarified. I understand from the "Reader Information" link that it's not a chat room and a moderator must decide on passing on all questions.

Anyway, I'll be there watching, and hope you can make it, too. These people want the gun owner vote, but they continue to ignore our legitimate concerns.

3 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Damn--I was AWOL. Just before the "LiveBlogging" session was to start, I was pulled away for family stuff.

I went back and read the dialogue, and saw that Derek ducked the question, rather unconvincingly. I'm glad the moderator at least posted your rebuttal, David.

Sorry I wasn't there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a joke! It was like being hung up on during a telephone call. Cowards. I guess he didn't have a talking point answer handy...

Jay21 said...

Sorry i miised the "live" time zones not working for me lately. Great job on the initial question and rebuttal. i will be e-mailing his campaign and siteing the live chat. hopefully they will become aware that this and other direct questions must be answered if he is not to continue a "joke" candidate.