Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Honor Khang Instead

Why is his bravery and intelligence under fire any less worthy of recognition?

Second letter down.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune prints my letter about the wrong house-raiding cops getting medals.

I used to get letters published all the time but don't so much any more now that I'm focusing on my own venues. For those of you who aren't, I highly recommend it--I see so many brilliant and well-crafted comments here, it's a shame they're not reaching a wider audience.

So I have a challenge for those of you who are regular commentators here: Commit to writing one letter a week to various papers you see linked to on this site--if the story grabs you enough to leave a comment here, make it a force multiplier by sending it there.

As a general tip, to maximize your chances of getting ink, think of an original way to look at the topic, stick with one thought and keep it to around 150 words or so.

I honestly think this is one of the more valuable contributions you could make.

Oh, and feel free to add your thoughts about my letter in the Star Tribune comments box thingy.

3 comments:

Ken said...

A good idea well done. The letters after yours were pretty good, too.

III

Kevin said...

So I have a challenge for those of you who are regular commentators here: Commit to writing one letter a week to various papers you see linked to on this site--if the story grabs you enough to leave a comment here, make it a force multiplier by sending it there.

Yes. EDUCATE the public, as far as possible. Excellent suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence David.

I'd like to think that patriots during the revolution implored others to persevere with such logic.

III


1894C