Saturday, August 16, 2008

In Hindsight...

...my foresight back in April, 2005 wasn't totally off:
SCOTUS, of course, has been ducking this issue for a long time. They'll probably take the path of least resistance again, and refuse to hear such cases. However, if they accept either Seegars or Parker, I believe the court will not dare say there is no individual rkba. But if they find there is one, it will be so heavily burdened with "reasonable restrictions" as to ensure the status quo. They'll never admit the truth unless someone, that would be us, has enough power to compel them.
And that last prediction still stands.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but times have changed.

One may not compel. He must respectfully request.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Actually, my initial rush of optimism has been replaced by something that has me wondering if we'll end up with less than the status quo.

Anonymous said...

Well, Heler looked like a loss to me from the first. I never did understand people counting it as a win for the pro-2A side.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

I never did understand people counting it as a win for the pro-2A side.

I won't presume to speak for anyone else, but in my case, it was little more than wishful thinking.

The anguished bleating from the citizen disarmament advocate pantywaists was fun, at least.