Friday, August 22, 2008

The "Only One" Who Did the Right Thing and Understands Why

"She had no legal right to keep the dog, and that's the reason we stepped in," Hunter said. "What she was doing, keeping the dog because she said it was aggressive, would be like me taking somebody's television set because I didn't like the programs they watched."
Exactly.

Good job, Officer Hunter. You were the "Only One" who did the right thing here.

Sheriff Andrews--this man deserves more enthusiastic backing than what I'm reading here.

[Via Carl S]

4 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

I keep getting an "error" when I try to read the story. But does this mean that cops sometimes do the right thing in spite of their training???

Anonymous said...

A very refreshing story. The animal shelter director is a self-nominated "Decider." I'm surprised she didn't have the dog put down on her own authority, if it was so "aggressive."
Maybe she just liked it and wanted it around. They do it with seized guns too.
Like the notary public working at a BB&T bank branch who wouldn't notarize the signature of a Virginia Citizens Defense League member because she "didn't feel comfortable" putting her name and seal on anything having to do with guns. The VCDL member is an account holder. He simply crossed the road to a different bank where he also had an account, and they notarized it for him without any social engineering attempts.
Even the SLIGHTEST bit of authority goes to SOME people's heads... and empties them.

Anonymous said...

I got the error too, then I clicked onto the main site and when I could not find a link there I hit back and I could read the article.

Anonymous said...

Deputy Hunter's career may have been shortened by his wholly appropriate actions. He has revealed himself as that worst of all citizens, especially public service job holders, as "not a team player". Rather, he chose to do the right thing. I am almost certain he will be punished for it.