Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Smackdown in Rosendale

He said Hinchey approached the table and picked up one of the guns to look at it. Lendvay said he told the congressman to put the rifle down - noting that part of the NRA's agreement with Rosendale police was that no one except the people manning the table would be allowed to touch the weapons - and that when Hinchey "took his sweet time" in obliging, an argument ensued.

During the argument, Lendvay said, Hinchey approached him where he sat and "hit me on the top of my head."
I don't get this letting people smack you--maybe I just haven't been stomped hard enough yet.

I note that GOA gives Hinchey an "F"--so why the interest in guns, unless he's a hypocrite? And why the resorting to violence? Might projection explain his mistrust?

I also think that I am responsible for guns under my control. If I don't want people picking them up or handling them, I don't make them accessible. At a public event like this, I'd have constructed a glass-topped locked display case for a few dollars worth of materials and a couple hours of my time.

[Via Tony L]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Politicians are exempt from everything except the law of gravity, apparently.

A gun show dealer I've seen puts fine-mesh netting over his entire table so there's no handling. Cheap and easy.

DJK said...

I'm pretty sure I'd have butt stroked someone who hit me. Touching me/hitting me is not an option for the public.

Anonymous said...

What I don't understand if why if Hinchey did hit the man, he wasn't handed his ass. Anyone strikes me, he better expect to be busy for awhile, it doesn't matter one damn bit who or how many voted for him.

Anonymous said...

Election time hypocrisy for Hinchey I'm sure. Or some kind of photo op for anti propagande vis a vis those pics of Schumer etal firing.

Re handling at gunshows: I always ask permission to examine.