Friday, August 22, 2008

Spies Like Us

The evidence suggests McFate/Sapone was subcontracting for a firm hired by the NRA, which relies on the public's benign belief that it is a citizens' lobby, to spy on and lie to those working in the gun violence prevention movement.
"The evidence suggests"?

You mean after all this sound and fury, you don't have proof of spying as strong as, say this?

But if she does have inside dope, Bryan, maybe you can use your CeaseFire connections to help us get to the bottom of this...?

I mean, you do say you're interested in the truth...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I USED TO defend the NRA against people who said they gave members "marching orders." That was when I thought the NRA listened to the grassroots and provided organization and publicity for joining up and speaking out. I thought it WAS a citizens' lobby. Now I'm getting fearful that it may indeed be one. Give me liberty... or give me a few more years to enjoy my shooting SPORT and my licensed, permit-granted self defense, and then you can take it all?
Not me.
Ok, maybe that was harsh. It may not be what the NRA intends, but it sure seems to be where they're leading us. Too much time inside the Beltway.

Anonymous said...

Heh. If he wants to show courage, he can go record drug deals the same way.

Phillep