Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Dedication

The dedication page of my new book reads: To the man I had to shoot to save my life.
Susan Callaway shares a fascinating story about a first step on a journey.

Compare her mindset to those of doughy Oprah-watchers, Obama supplicants and sneering urban sophisticates who fear and disparage guns. What would have obviously happened to one of them?

Some of us will be familiar with her experience--the realization of threat, the tunnel vision, the decision not to freeze but to act, the after-incident shakes...

That emphasizes the training, awareness and mindset she has come to understand and now teaches others.

She mentions a booklet at the end--I hope she doesn't think I'm being pushy by bringing this up, but I've been privileged to see it and have encouraged her to develop it into a standalone that people outside of her classes can benefit from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, David. I'm glad to share this story after all these years. And your push is the major reason that anyone outside my classes will ever see that booklet.

I not only don't mind, I appreciate it very much. :)