Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Spark Yet Glows

There are now 2 options for self-defence in Britain -

1. Allow the police to protect you. You can call the police when attacked and pray that they will arrive on the scene within seconds, in order to save you. If you survive the attack you can then give them a statement from your hospital bed, and hope the attackers will be quickly arrested.

2. The second option is to fight back and reclaim our streets by arming ourselves and giving the criminals something to be worried about, such as a serious risk of injury or death if they attack. In this instance we would be able to defend ourselves effectively, whilst we wait for the police to attend. We would not be putting our lives in the hands of people who are unable, or unwilling, to protect us.
Wouldn't it be loverly to think that we might be witnessing the birth of a movement?

[Via End the War on Freedom]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last year a teenager tried to help a friend who was being robbed at knifepoint. The robber stabbed him in the head. The knife, possibly a big chef's knife, penetrated the full length of the blade. It apparently passed through sinus cavities and outboard of the right eye, and was removed by surgeons with few ill effects.
That's your option of unarmed resistance.
I'd at least have a big jawbreaker candy in a sock to use as a flail, even if it meant the possibility of being charged with weapon possession.
Wait a minute. If I'm going to be charged for a weapon, might as well have a REAL weapon...
Unintended consequences.
I have a big brass buckle on my big leather belt. I could go without, constable, and have my pants low on my hips, or maybe lower, as is the fashion. I guess I'm in trouble either way.
Meanwhile, did they ever catch the head-stabber? I'll have to look it up.