Monday, October 06, 2008

And the Coveted WarOnGuns "Authorized Journalist" Award Goes to...


...Eugene Driscoll, Staff Writer for The News-Times of Danbury, CT, for his reference to a policeman's "service revolver."

As I indicated, I emailed the Brookfield PD and just received this reply:
The reporter should have written “Pistol”. We haven’t carried revolvers in 20 years.
So congratulations, Eugene. You join the ranks of France's prestigious AFP and a select group of "Authorized Journalists" for presuming to inform your readership while masking damn near total subject matter ignorance.

Keep it up while writing about gun-related issues and I predict big things for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still remember a story I read in the Riverside (CA) Press-Enterprise 20 or more years ago which referred to a cop's "semi-automatic service revolver." Needless to say, Riverside cops did not carry Webley-Fosburys.

jon said...

this here's my "service and protection" assault-type sock, loaded with 45mm magnum pebbles.

with a telescoping stock.

built to military specification.

chris horton said...

This is a Rifle,and this is a gun.

"Authorized journalists" sure are dumb!