Thursday, October 02, 2008

GUNS Magazine: October 1958

The first article I read in the June issue was "The Sullivan Law...Makes Crime Safe." The more I read, the madder I got. That Sullivan Law should have been thrown out a good many years ago. How come the sportsmen don't do something about it?...
I know I would hate to have a law like that in Connecticut; and we could have had a law like that in 1958 if the 24 bills against firearms then submitted had been made into laws. But the sportsmen got together in strength and opposed these bills before a hearing in Hartford. It is always easier to kill a bill than to fight a law.
Some gun owners were aware and active 50 years ago. Too bad more weren't.

Read about that and West Virginia's Johnson Pistol Law in the "Crossfire" letters section, along with lots of interesting articles and the classic period ads.

The October 1958 issue of GUNS Magazine is now online.

No comments: