Monday, October 13, 2008

Knotheads of the Round Table

Crimes involving assault weapons have become so common that police officials across the nation are discussing how to contain the national problem, Sheriff Kevin Beary said this week. "We need to have a round-table with the Police Executive Research Foundation to get some answers," he said.
Yeah, you have your executive round table, Kevin. But if you're looking for answers that involve banning militia-suitable weaponry, I can save you some time:

No.

Your move.

Oh, and great job there showing some perspective on semiautos, "Authorized Journalist" Henry Pierson Curtis.

[Via Lane]

4 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

That's easy. Make the "officers" give up all their "assault weapons". Problem solved.

Anonymous said...

I emailed that ass. I'll admit I'm not allergic to conspiracy theories but there is no way these people are being honest. I tell them as much when I send them email responses.

Anonymous said...

Just ramping up the hype towards the upcoming "AWB Pt. II - the sequel" I f a POS WASR AK costs $400 new, what does a stolen one go for in a back alley? Versus the price of getting caught with a murder weapon? It's pretty simple economics. Oh yeah, when something happens once or twice, it's a "disturbing new trend"

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Orlando, got lost once trying to get home, ended up in Pine Hills- looks like Mogadishu in certain parts, most people call it "Crime Hills". The Sheriff's quote may just be grandstanding for the camera- he signs off on Class III weapons from what I understand.