Thursday, October 30, 2008

Looks Like Dan Flew the Coop(er)

We talked yesterday about the baffling, company-destroying stupidity exhibited by Dan Cooper.

By now, many of you who emailed Cooper Firearms have received the same reply I did, the same public statement now posted to their home page.

So Dan has resigned.

Here's my reply:
From: David Codrea
Sent:Wed 10/29/08 10:15 PM
To:Dan Pickett (dpickett@cooperfirearms.com); Mike Vanderboegh

Tell me something, Mr. Pickett--is Dan Cooper going to divest all interest in your company, all stock? Will he continue to get patent royalties on product sold?

Because if the answer is "no" to the first question and "yes" to the second, then what does it matter who runs the day-to-day operations? He'll continue to take in money from gun owners to support whatever subversive politician or cause he pleases.

Give me something besides boilerplate CYA. Prove to me and to all gun owners that buying a Cooper rifle from this point forward won't add to his bank account in any way.

I'm going to post this reply tomorrow on The War on Guns. Your unequivocal response--or lack of one--will be noted for my readers and picked up by many others.
If he responds, I'll post it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never got a response to my email sent in.

Anonymous said...

Just adding my support to what your trying to help with Dave.

If Dan Pickett checks here.... I can testify to the questions I saw on other blogs and discussion forums, There is still contention and concern that Dan Cooper may retain benefits of ownership in the background, despite the official dismissal announcement.

I have no idea how many people's (the remaining Staff employees) futures have been messed up at Cooper Firearms , but It will only benefit them to clearly prove Mr Cooper is totally uninvolved with Cooper firearms in any way shape or form. If The new cooper firearms is on the up and up, they are going to need to prove it in order to have a hope of any success in the future.

Too many years of gun owners being lied to by legislators seed distrust.

David Codrea said...

Thanks, IV. Hey, uh, I've been putting this link in replies to your comments and emails, a few times now, trying to be subtle. Could I get you to click on it?

:)

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Forgive my laziness--my question was little more than a cut and paste job of yours, David:

Mr. Pickett,
I know you have been asked the following question, and I feel compelled to add my voice to those asking it:

Is Dan Cooper going to divest all interest in your company, all stock? Will he continue to get patent royalties on product sold?

Because if the answer is "no" to the first question and "yes" to the second, then what does it matter who runs the day-to-day operations? He'll continue to take in money from gun owners to support whatever subversive politician or cause he pleases.

Give me something besides boilerplate CYA. Prove to me and to all gun owners that buying a Cooper rifle from this point forward won't add to his bank account in any way.

Mr. Cooper's resignation marks a good first step in ensuring that the purchase of a Cooper rifle will not help finance further infringements on the Constitutionally guaranteed, fundamental, absolute human right of the individual to keep and bear arms, but I hope you can understand why we would need more than that.

Thank you,
Kurt Hofmann

Anonymous said...

Still I wonder is Cooper in his very late years in live and wanting to be a Rodney King: "can't we all just get along".
I personally thing the guy is lacking a full deck and is finding live wonderful in his own world. But I have not clue but to be behind the distance of all of this.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

No further word, I take it, from Mr. Pickett in response to your latest line of inquiry?