Friday, October 17, 2008

No Time for Sergeants

I'd almost forgotten about this post, the noncom who lent his picture in uniform to the IANSA global gun grab effort.

Someone claiming to be him finally replied, and since very few of you go back to read comments to old posts I thought I'd bring them to the forefront:

Anonymous said...
I am retired. I do not have any recent pictures of me out of uniform. Therefore, I am not violating any regulations. Check that if you want, but I am not representing the Army. If I had a picture of me in a Spiderman costume would you be so offended? I think not. So, if I am retired and the picture is a couple of years old, the regulations do not apply to me. That is sufficient an answer as you are going to get regardless of whether you all think you know the regulations or not.
Sincerely, retired Senior Non-Com
10/16/2008 5:05 PM
and
Anonymous said...
You will also note that I do not condone gang members in my former line of endeavor. I want all gun owners to be responsible members of a lawful society. And if you open you eyes you will see on my old uniform that I have the Army Lapel Pin on my lapel. Meaning, I am either a. retired, or have been Honorably discharged. And judging by my former rank, (which I get to keep the title long after I am retired), I am long past my contractual obligations to the Army or the Armed Forces. And you are right, you are just a simple little militant who knows nothing about anything except how to attack persons you should damn well leave alone for voicing their "earned" rights of free speech as opposed to those who feel entitled by birth or racist affiliations. I hope next time you check your facts before you find the NSA at your door asking you questions. You pathetic little turd.
Retire that.
10/16/2008 5:15 PM
I'll reply to the "highlights" such as they are--and let me qualify this by stipulating I have no idea if the anonymous commentator is who he represents himself to be. I'll proceed as if he is.

The Spiderman idea would be completely between you and the copyright holder on the image--although a mask might not be a bad idea.

And the regs do apply to retirees--the section on retirees specifically references the section of the regulations I cited in my original post (see 30-7, pg. 316).

As for: "I want all gun owners to be responsible members of a lawful society."

No problem. The wording of their "5 Golden Rules" ensures that private gun ownership can be disqualified, so all gun owners will be lawful in the IANSA/Control Arms global society you're supporting. That's because all gun owners will be the ones dictating the law. But for the life of me, I can't tell the difference between most of them and the "gang members" you don't condone.

Now we come to me being a "simple little militant" who needs to "damn well leave [you] alone" for "voicing [your] earned right of free speech." Well, that tells me all about you right there, and why you have such affinity for UN-style controls and "human rights," which are dictated, defined and limited by the global body (and thus revocable), and overseen by these enlightened humanitarians.

News flash: This ain't Starship Troopers. I know you consider yourself an "Only One" with special "earned rights," but here they are unalienable, a birthright, endowed by our Creator. No one has authority to tell me I have or haven't earned them. I am entitled.

A uniform alone does not bring honor, considering the likes of Benedict Arnold and Lon Horiuchi once wore one. The military heroes I revere are the ones who bring honor to the uniform, not the other way around. From what I can see, assuming you actually are what you represent yourself to be, you're now bringing disgrace to it.

And what's this race card crap? Is that your way of keeping others from criticizing you for personal deficiencies? That doesn't play here. We defiant gun-owning men and women stand as individuals--the groups we belong to are secondary. Besides, you're the one who appears to be hiding a Hispanic surname from your Control Arms post.

And as for you siccing NSA on me, I learned a long time ago never to make threats I wasn't prepared to back up--it just makes people who do so look like impotent fools, and ones who do so anonymously look even more ridiculous. And you call me a "pathetic little turd"?

Go ahead though. Let's see whatcha got. I've never ducked from a threat of "official" reprisal. Use your awesome connections and dispatch them to my door. I'll have a few questions for them of my own, starting with "Do you have a warrant?"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting how "anon" mentions the right to free speech. As if you are The Congress, and are somehow "infringing" his right to write whatever drivel he wishes. In case "anon" didn't notice, you posted his vitriolic comments.

Whadda maroon...

Stephen said...

wow. that's rich.

Sean said...

One of the discouraging things I learned in the Army is that, you were promoted to CSM based a lot on who your friends were, not neccessarily on your performance. Don't believe me? In my last job in the Army, I personnaly cashiered a CSM, a major, and two men on the CSM promotable list.Upon investigation of these people, and their offenses, I learned that they all probably should have recieved a bad conduct/general discharges YEARS before they landed in deep shit and were actually shown the door. But, given that they were protected,even sheltered by their buds and sponsors,who also were mucking about, they managed to last a lot longer. I say that the Army is terrifyingly high-tech, professinal, and without a doubt, deadly. But it is also corrupt, and riven with men and women who no longer deal with the truth. If it doesn't fit the "Plan", it don't exist. All this, to a great deal, was born out of Viet-Nam. The corruption and vice born out of our involvment in Iraq and Afghaninstan is already worse. They will close ranks, scream about how hard it is to do their job and the movie will go on. They're not all that way, but make it a career, and you soon see the light. Or you leave. This particular CSM(retired) is as full of it as can be, and would not hesitate to use his status to lord it over all of us, just like he did in the Army. From such men, the SS was formed. And lives again. When I had my chance, I bolted. I was presented with my option, to "grow up", or continue to be a boy scout, and die on the vine. I left. The CSM made his bones, and he longs for the days when he could use the collective might of the bureacracy in the Army to bludgeon all comers. He left integrity and honor somewhere back in the past, and all he knows now is how to bully.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

"[R]acist affiliations"?

What the hell is he talking about?

When the race card is played, one can generally see, if not valid grounds, at least a way of perceiving, if one squints hard enough, a semi-plausible justification for claiming the accusation of racism.

This case doesn't seem to have even that.

Talk about a disgrace to a noble and honorable tradition.

tjbbpgob said...

RIGHT ON SEAN, RIGHT ON. If he was even a C.S.M., BUT YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT THE CORRUPTION IN THE U.S.ARMY. It is there and probably will never be done away with. S.F.C. is probably the highest without playing the game and even then, and earlier, it is begun.

Anonymous said...

Charles H. Sawders
338 MC 171
Doddridge, Ar.

Come here and try to push that line of shit. Retired chickenshit who is afraid to sign his name.

You just think you know about retirement.

Anonymous said...

It's scary. Long before I scrolled down to your comments, I was thinking this guy walked out of the movie Starship Troopers.

He must have forgotten what a bunch of simple little militants (can you smell the scorn?) did at Lexington and Concord.

So ... if you didn't serve in the military, are you a "Sub-Citizen?"

Anonymous said...

The wear of the uniform of the Armed services of the United States of America is prescribed in regulations (as David linked to for Army) and law.

The uniform will not be worn in such manner to bring discredit upon the wearer, the branch of service, or the United States of America.

The uniform will not be worn or shown in such manner that espouses any political position.

Retirees are subject to the regulations for wearing the uniform of their branch of service.

Retirees are still subject to prosecution under the UCMJ for certain offenses. Anon (or Command SGT Major Daniel Luke if it was actually him) can look that one it up for himself.

Note: See AFI 36-2903 for Air Force uniform wear by retirees.

me said...

so, what's it say about championing the theft of constitutionally protected rights while in uniform?

Spiderman costume does sound a bit more appropriate for the "super soldier" but I'm just surprised he didn't drop in captain america there. Perhaps the choice of spiderman shows that he was bullied in school and now wishes to "get those types" back with his "connections"?

Anonymous said...

My views on freedom are pretty well known to many a 'pragmatic' etc. I was threatened, broadly and not by name that several of us should have the 'shadow of the state' fall on us. Sounds like the same flair for the dramatic bluster of this CSM retiree. A line out of a bad graphic novel.

Shadow huh? I have a spotlight......