Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We're the Only Ones Who Don't Know the Rules Enough

“I didn’t think a thing about it because I hadn’t read that law book,” said Rambo. “Hell, I don’t know all the rules.”
Yeah, nobody told me slavery was illegal. I mean, it's not like the Constitution is mandatory reading in "Only Ones" school.

Not that we'd give you a break if we busted you for something and you told us you hadn't read that law book.

Good grief. Do "we" really give people this stupid and arrogant power over us?

[Via Firedbrass]

5 comments:

Sean said...

But isn't she a LAW ENFORCEMENT officer? Probably got her degree in law enforcement by watching "The Longest Yard", and phoning in a synopsis. From her photo, anything that looks like that is usually made out of bronze. Love them corrupt sheriffs.

Unknown said...

I'd like to note that if you or I made the same statement we would be told that it is not a valid defense/excuse.

Anonymous said...

And quitting our jobs wouldn't be considered an option to avoid prosecution, either.

Unfortunately, she is the sheriff of my county. But perhaps we can change that. The last one wasn't any good either.

Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

In a budding police state, LEOs do whatever they want - and to hell with the law.

Because, in case you need reminding, they ARE the law now.

W W Woodward said...

I once had a county tax collector send me on a 150 mile round trip two counties away to change a car title to my name only to find out that he was supposed to do the job. When I returned to his office, a little hot under the collar for having to take the day off work, go through a tank of gasoline, and waste about four hours of my life, I was told, “You can’t expect me to know everything in this book.”

I explained that I did expect him to at least check the book to see if there was anything that applied to my problem. I wrote him a letter with a copy to the County Judge demanding payment for my time, gasoline and lost wages. I never received an acknowledgment.