Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who are the "Only Ones" We Can Trust with Guns?

How often have we been told this though, by police officials, by politicians, by anti-gun groups, by the media? Our laws have been geared to exempt police from carry restrictions in "No Guns" zones, assigning to the uniform and the badge an automatic and unquestioned trust that police are better trained, and just generally more cheerful, thrifty, brave clean and reverent than we mere mortal citizens. They are, we are told, the only ones who can handle the awesome trust of being armed in public.
My latest Examiner.com post is up, and it covers a subject very familiar to WarOnGuns regulars.

Hey, not bad for the 2nd day on the job (click image to enlarge)--this may yet make a go if it:



I've started compiling link lists and feeds. Right now I'm looking specifically for Ohio gun bloggers. If you are one, and would like to reciprocate links with my Examiner page, let me know and I'll include your blog in my list.

In the mean time, I'll continue to shamelessly beg for regulars here to support this effort by spreading the word. A growing audience not entirely comprised of choir members couldn't hurt...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck kind of newspaper is this? I thought the business model was:

1. Buy into AP news wire

2. Reprint articles

3. Profit!


Also:

The paper actually has a category for this?

We're the Only Ones With a Sense of Guilt

It's McCain's Fault! (Pay no heed to government data hoarding, authorized journalism, the state-controlled privilege of employment, and union labor monopolies.)


And I've been waiting all these years. What a disappointment.

The Stoic American said...

Kudos on the Boy Scout reference. I'm proud to have the experiences I've had with them, and to know the reference when I see it.