Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Compelling Argument

Note, I say "compelled service," not "military draft." Some people object to militarism, but drop all objections to mandated service if the compelled labor is put to use in a soup kitchen or a clinic.

To me, though, the primary evil is not militarism, it's compulsion. It's to treat an individual not as a free person who owns his or her own life, but as the property of the state to be drawn upon as a resource at the whim of bureaucrats and politicians.

A-yup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-yup indeed!

Anonymous said...

If they make me "serve", will they allow me to take my guns with me? I certainly would not wish to be defenseless while being forced to serve. In fact I would not want to be forced to do anything. In fact I will resist ANYONE trying to force me to do anything aginst my free will, be it a mugger or a President-elect. Both will recieve the same response.
III