Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Signs of the Times

Two suspected gang members have landed on the naughty list – and in jail – after police say they posed for a picture with Santa Claus while flashing their gang signs. [More]
Then they must not be allowed to do it on the Internet either.

I wonder if "Homegrown Terrorists" are included, and if a ban on this can be far behind:

I suppose I could remove two fingers...

Incidentally, I read where one of the "threeper" detractors made the "gang sign" connection and considered it an indictment. Of course, those who actually know what they're talking about have known that from the beginning.
Think of it as a freedom "gang sign".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three fingers raised has been a gang sign for about 100 years. Fortunately, locally the gang is known as the Boy Scouts of America. See

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/webelos/boyscoutreqsaid.asp.

Anonymous said...

In a past life, I have been a Cubmaster and a Cub Scouts Shooting Sports Instructor (archery, BB guns, blow guns such as used by Florida Indians) at Cub Scout Day Camp. Does that qualify me as an instructor for “terrorists in training”?

me said...

http://nmazca.com/blog/westside1480-2000.jpg

Snoop dog giving a tip of the hat to classic art? I wonder if they could use the argument that they were merely replicating art.

For the image itself...

http://www.abcgallery.com/B/botticelli/botticelli67.html


Yes, more thanks to stumble. Nothing new under the sun.

Also, brought to mind the scene from "Iron man".