Monday, January 05, 2009

Holder: 'To-Be' or Not to Be

Hearings are starting on president-elect Barack Obama's cabinet selections. Of particular interest to gun owners:

U.S. Attorney General to-be Eric Holder will be before the Senate Judiciary Committee on January 15th. [More]

This is another call to arms, like yesterday's with the RNC (which I also include an update on).

So I'm once again asking you to share today's Gun Rights Examiner column with your friends. And to take action.

Will you?

4 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Well, my letter to Sen. Dick Durbin is on its way.

Durbin being the mega-statist gun prohibitionist that he is, I couldn't use Holder's ant-rights stances against him--Durbin no doubt sees those as strengths, so I focused on the Marc Rich and FALN pardons.

Anonymous said...

There are issues outside of just guns to go after Holder about. My last post about him Eric Holder, Ruby Ridge, Waco - said Davidians responsible for tragedy. brings up some of these. Most people do not know who he is and just googling his name does not much history.

I am visiting your site today looking for quotations I can provide to readers to inform them why he must not be confirmed.

opaww said...

I posted a letter to Senator McCinnell...I used 45supermans letter for the most part and add a little of my own sense I am kind of at a burnout stage right now I don't seem to be able to write much of my own.

No Apology said...

There's still the little matter of Holder's role in Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich, a fugitive-from-American-justice at the actual time of his pardon. Holder gave the nod for the pardon. In kowtowing to Clinton, his actual words were, "Neutral, leaning towards favorable." Words which will come back to haunt him. Whoops.