Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"We Can Do Both"

We can do both. We can curb the proliferation of assault weapons — without infringing on Second Amendment rights — and address a culture spawning too many violent teens. We have to. [More]
No "we" can't, Ernest Hooper, if by "we" you include "you."

Because "we," which includes "I" won't let you.

It's real simple about "a culture spawning violent teens. "Everybody's clear on how babies are made, right?

Same thing with guns: It boils down to self control.

Now, if your theory is that somehow making me responsible for paying for the poor choices of others, that taking away my rights will make one bit of difference for people who refuse to live like rational and responsible free human beings, my answer is "No." And I don't think it would be a stretch to include some friends in that response and call it "our" answer.

That's not our/my problem. I suggest you not make it our/my problem.

Because "we," including "I" see an idiot like you, meaning you personally, coming up with utter crap like NAACP gun buy-backs, and realize you don't have the first clue as to what the hell you're talking about. And "we," including "I" have no intention of letting a liberty incompetent have any say in "our" unalienable rights.

[Via James C]

3 comments:

Defender said...

Mr. Hooper is one of the reasons newspapers are going belly-up like Tampa Bay fish in a red tide. "Insult me again, I'll give you ANOTHER dollar!" Yeah, right. Half or more of your readers own guns, maybe those exact guns, Hooper. You're telling them they're the problem. No one appreciates that. Enjoy being laid off. You'll have lots of time to read the Constitution and BoR.

Joel said...

"Stop the arguing and do something to curb gun proliferation" should read "Stop confusing me with facts and turn'em in."

But then being honest isn't the strongest suit of these asshats. Screw'em.

Joe G said...

That article was one of the worst attempts at journalizm I've seen linked by David... there was one even worse last year though... sounded like an 8th grade speech...Ironically guns used to be way more "prolific" in society, and there was far less violence>
IT's the culture, stupid!