Monday, May 11, 2009

ATF Property Seizure Notice-Supplement

This link goes to an embedded version of document I posted earlier today. [More]

That Scribd is pretty neat. Yeah, I know, the youngsters are slapping their foreheads at the fossil. Let me share with you what my high school graduation present from my parents was--a portable manual typewriter.

I have in my life coded assembly parts lists with a #2 pencil using 80 column forms--putting in part numbers, descriptions, quantities, subassembly nomenclatures, engineering changes notice numbers etc., and then taking the batched forms down to a department called "Keypunch."

Like we used to say at the end of the shift as we slid down the brontosarus neck: "Yabba-dabba-doo!"

Also see:

1 comment:

Crustyrusty said...

Dang, you're old... :)

We used to have to take our Cobol programs down to the card reader in school; God forbid you dropped the stack o' cards and got them out of order...

We actually had an Apple I on a piece of plywood.