Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We're the Only Ones Doing What Was Proper Enough

``I did what was proper,'' Passaic Officer Joseph Rios III said at a news conference at the office of his attorney, Anthony Iacullo. ``I did what I was trained to do under the circumstances that existed at that time. I stand by my actions.''[More]
Here's the latest on this.

It's like a peculiar form of "Only One" psychopathy, where the victim is to blame.

Here's hoping Officer Rios didn't bruise his arms or anything...

[Via Tom S]

3 comments:

straightarrow said...

If he stands by his actions, he has admitted he needs jail time, if it can be proven that he was trained that way, then he has assured us that a great many more in the department have earned jail time.

Anonymous said...

Has Holloway been charged with felony resisting, obstruction of justice, failure to follow a 'proper' order of the arresting thug, interference with an 'officer' in performance of his duty, or maybe just standing on a corner???

Will the local fishwrap publish Rios' home address, he he he?

Anonymous said...

Gee, from what I can see from the videotape, the man is standing at a crosswalk at a traffic controlled intersection, waiting to cross the street when he got the "cross now" signal or the light turned red to stop traffic. The officers stopped in the crosswalk, blocking his path. If the man standing's words were "Get out my f***ing way and let me cross", I would agree with him.