Friday, October 02, 2009

Gun Groups Fire Back at Feds with Firearms Freedom Act Lawsuit

What if an FFL was not acting in his capacity as a federal licensee to manufacture for personal use, or to transfer firearms strictly within a state? Or what if a person so engaged was not a federal licensee at all?

ATF's determined intent to hold all accountable under federal law has not wavered. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column covers the lawsuit filed against the feds by SAF and MSSA, and includes a copy of the complaint.

I know some have dismissed this strategy. I also know that this is a good case in terms of being consistent with founding intent, but admit seeing unconstitutional tyranny prevail in federal courts is an outrageous possibility. Still, there's a very important fundamental object lesson to be learned here if that happens. Anyone who dismisses it is no one I care to follow.

Also get the latest from my fellow GREs.

Tell a friend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David When I originally saw this, I thought Josh Sugarman of VPC may come into play on this as he is reputed to have a FFL. Certainly he's not using it for any gun transfers in D.C.