Friday, October 09, 2009

On Wings of Eagles

I'd like to share something I did last weekend. All pictures will enlarge when clicked.

The glider waits to be...

...stuffed with precious cargo...we'll worry about prying it out later.

Sealed in--too late to escape, at least with any pride...

The towplane strains to get aloft under the mighty load.

I think I can, I think I can...

Aloft and free. That reservoir is here. Click on map view and you'll see the airfield to the east.

Nice finger, idiot.

The return approach...easy...easy...

The turk..uh...eagle has landed.

What fun. Thanks, Bruce! If you only knew half the things I was guilty of doing to you back in college, you'd have come back solo!

5 comments:

DJK said...

THE TURK!! HAHAHAHA

chris horton said...

What,going sideways at speed in the snow on the interstate wasn't enough of a rush?!?

Congrats on landing safely!!

CIII

jon said...

i don't think i could sit peacefully behind a big bright yellow handled labelled "release" for more than five minutes.

PolyKahr said...

David,

I always wanted to do that myself. Of course,now I'm so fat I couldn't even be stuffed in one of those things. BTW, what airport did you fly out of, as it doesn't look like the KSU airport.

David Codrea said...

Reader-Botsford in Wellington. See caption under photo 6.