Friday, October 09, 2009

We're the Only Ones Holding the Phone Enough

A lawyer for the widow and minor son of the man who was fatally shot Oct. 2 by Bossier City police says his investigation has turned up a witness who claims the man did not reach for the officer's weapon. [More]
But hold the phone:
"It's a tragic, tragic event," the police chief said during the news conference. "But it appears the officers followed all procedures that they could.
I mean literally, hold the phone:
The deaf woman Richey interviewed also took a photo with her cell phone, which was confiscated by police, the lawyer said.
Proper "Only One" protocols, you see. Besides, taking the phone was probably just a matter of making sure they can remember everything properly.

[Via Matt S]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that the confiscated phone was properly logged into evidence and is locked away in storage per procedure...

Oh -- and I have some prime lots for sale in the Everglades too...

Kent McManigal said...

I have my email address programmed in my phone so that if I ever take a picture that I need to preserve "off-phone", I can send it on its way quickly. Not a perfect solution, but the best I have found so far.