Thursday, March 04, 2010

Threeperganger

There's a website calling itself Threepercenter.org that has nothing to do with Mike Vanderboegh, Sipsey Street Irregulars, or the "threeper" movement as envisioned and defined by Mike. I see they're enjoying some coattail benefits, being linked to in various news accounts where the reporters evidently have assumed there was some relationship.

The thing is, Mike has been using--and popularizing the term "three percenter" long before this site ever came into existence, which many of us recall resulted in no small amount of discussion in the "gun blogosphere," which we continue to be a part of. With all the noise that's generated over the last couple years, I would find any claim that this was unknown to the website proprietors something I needed convincing on.

Legalities don't come into play here, but what will be done about this next does. Possibly nothing will happen. I know if I had set up this site and found another blogger had already firmly established "War on Guns" as a fixture, I'd back off and find something else to call it.

I can't automatically attribute bad intentions here--there's every possibility this is a misunderstanding and the guys behind the effort have good hearts and good intentions. That said, even if they do, I can't endorse any effort that takes place under that name unless and until I know it has the Mike's sanction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, can't you tell us who these gentlemen are, where they live, etc.? It would be nice to know if TSHTF one of these days.
Sam W