Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Well, They Can't Say They Don't Know...

...about this.


That's every newspaper and TV station in Louisiana that I could find, less the ones I had to contact via their website form. I don't know why some of them make contact so difficult--it's almost like they're afraid they might get a news tip or something. In any case, a few of these addresses bounced, but most were delivered and they all know their competitors have been informed.

Curious, that a bill being introduced to provide for guns in state parks isn't even considered "news" that merits a passing mention. Ah well, we'll see if being prodded like this in front of each other spurs some interest--and if it does, whether or not they'll mention their source.

Also curious is the lack of interest in the "gun blogger" community. Maybe I'm mistaken, this isn't newsworthy after all, and I should just stop pushing it, but in any case, thanks, PolyKahr.

The final bit of curiosity is the utter silence from the "gun rights groups."

Not invented here...?

4 comments:

Welshman said...

David, just to let you know, I linked to PolyKahr's post, which linked to your post, today on the Roundup.

Regards,
Tony

Matt said...

Guns aren't allowed in La State Parks? Since when? All the state parks I've been to I've carried my .45 on my hip while deer and turkey hunting. I've even run across a few game officers and never had a problem.

Maybe they just want to make sure the letter of the law fits the culture?

straightarrow said...

It just didn't occur to me that it wasn't covered. I think I first heard of it on one of the Shreveport channels. At least, I thought I did.

Not that I care about the law ever since my country was murdered on Sunday.

TJP said...

Authorized Journalism survives only on account of tradition.

Remember that the Pulitzer is the booby prize of yellow journalism, where exaggeration, lying and sudden bouts of selective factual forgetfulness are A-OK so long as it's for the purposes of steering the readership toward the opinions of the author.