Monday, May 10, 2010

The Scarlet Letter

I encourage anyone reading this to find the names of the cowardly thugs involved in this AND to find their locations and other identifying details AND to post it all online for all to see. [More]
I agree that we don't use public shame as a means of discouraging abusers anywhere near enough. And the most damning scarlet letter I can think of would be "T" for "Tyranny."

I would support a call for the media to do their jobs as government watchdogs and identify government abusers. And I would support a call for grassroots effort to demand citizen oversight of police abuse investigations. And I would support a call for grassroots efforts to indict and prosecute all involved, including any allowing it to happen and covering it up.

If none of those things happen in this case, I think we're going to find support for this call growing. And then some.

1 comment:

parabarbarian said...

Maybe a few of the members of the Columbia, MO police department are Oath Keepers and can submit the information confidentially.