Monday, September 26, 2011

Me Bitching Again

Read what Mike had to go through to make our latest story happen. Not just a mental ordeal, but a very real physical one for someone with his health conditions.  No hyperbole, that's the kind of stuff that could kill him.

I throw my hands up that a guy who  had to borrow money for gas to get home has thousands of regular readers, and the vast majority who receive regular value from his contributions seem utterly indifferent to his survival via a voluntary subscription or an occasional donation.

So who's going to fill the void if he cannot continue? 

The "Authorized Journalists" ignoring Gunwalker have T&E accounts and get their flights and hotel rooms and meals paid for--along with nice salaries, as well as broad and deep organizational resources.

We are bringing stories that no one else is.  Elite media still has not said word one about Indiana gunwalking or the chief counsel's email to Melson setting the stage for official whistleblower intimidation...hell, as far as they're concerned, this ain't even a scandal yet--and we'll see if our latest smoking gun reaches outside our limited readerships.

Plain and simple: It will not unless you share the links.

You  personally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Mike's readership, there's no reason he shouldn't put up some adsense ads. Nothing obtrusive, just one ad bar on the side and a couple between stories.

David Codrea said...

I have adsense. I don't clutter it between stories but here is what the sidebar generates--remember, it is dependent on clicks to generate revenue and we are specifically forbidden to encourage readers to click on the ad or they will disqualify us from the program:

$0.00
Today so far

$0.01
Yesterday

$3.62
This month so far

$8.08
Last month

I have earned just over $55 since my last payment of $104.21 on April 26.

My experience--it's hardly worth allowing the intrusion on the site, particularly with inappropriate ads and occasional ads prompting inquiries on why I allow a Mitt Romney ad on my site and am I a sellout? Or others mad because it helps Google make money, so am I a hypocrite?

If anyone thinks a voluntary subscription to Mike for a buck a month is unreasonable, or even an occasional donation--then I have no answer--if just a fraction of his regular readers did it, he would be earning a meager poverty-level living.

And please note I do not ask for $ for myself and will not accept any donations--but I do ask my links be shared by those who perceive value from them so I can get paid from Examiner.