Monday, September 26, 2011

I'd Like to Thank the Academy

This was a total surprise.  I made sure to let all know that Mike Vanderboegh shared in it, as did many folks who, for now, must remain anonymous. 

So was this. Mike got one, too.

Actually, up until about a week ago, the fact that I was on the agenda to "speechify" was a surprise, too.


Thirdpower has a bunch of photos posted, here and here and here.

Dave Workman has a write-up.

The Gun Rights Policy Conference was a pretty cool event--got a chance to network with a lot of folks, meet and re-meet  a lot more, and importantly, participate in several foundational meetings regarding a Gunwalker documentary being undertaken by an established professional, Fleming "Tex" Fuller.  More on that to come. For an indication of what kind of access Tex is capable of getting, watch all four parts of "First Strike."

I'm particularly grateful to Alan Gottlieb and Dave Workman. I'm very glad I finally made it to one of these.  What a lot of hard work and expenditures they put into this.

2 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Congratulations, David.Hang them with pride.

And I'm glad they recognized Mike too. Brother, did he ever have adventures on the way home!

W W Woodward said...

Congratulations, David. I wish I could have been there to see you receive these well deserved awards.

Thanks to your work, along with Mike's and Dave's and many others in the blogging community, there are some arrogant bureaucrats who are also feeling some much deserved attention. With any luck at all their certificates will have inmate numbers printed on them.

[W3]