Friday, February 08, 2013

Gun Control is an Artifact...

...of self-serving, crusty, old rich white men, angry feminists and effeminate inner city dwellers who have never ridden a horse across a snowy mountain, sat up all night with a dog who has been bitten by a Copperhead, or plowed a row in a garden on a sunny day. [More]
The truth of that resonates. I've never done those specific things, but I've had reasonably equivalent experiences and know where he's coming from, plus I like the poetic imagery he conjures up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I somehow have the feeling that all these people who are buying up all these "assault weapons" are not buying them just to enjoy them for a short time, only to turn around and "turn 'em all in" a few months down the road;-)

Toastrider said...

Noticed that too, Anon? :)

Although I admit, I have never ridden a horse across a snowy mountain (the one time I've dealt with a horse, the bastard tried to push me into a tree). I have sat with my dogs when they were ill (and when they finally had to be put to sleep). And while I detest yardwork, I have used the roto-tiller attachment to till a garden properly.

So I suppose I'm on the sane side of this equation :)