Wednesday, January 08, 2014

We're the Only Ones Repeating Enough

Authorities said at the time that authorities repeatedly ordered the teen to drop the gun and fired several shots after the teen did not follow their demands. [More]
All in three seconds.

I repeat my challenge to all the "Only Ones" apologists: Yell at someone walking on a sidewalk with his back turned to you to drop what he's carrying and see if he doesn't turn in your direction to see if he's the one you're yelling at and to try to understand what you want.

I don't need to goose-step a mile in their jackboots before judging them.

When I was a kid, we lived in Tehran for almost five years -- my Dad was plant manager for a tire factory there.  I routinely rode my bicycle around with my Daisy Model 99 strapped over my shoulder--and even discouraged wild pack dogs from approaching on a few occasions.

I enjoyed more freedom in the Shah's Iran than boys do today in the land of the Second Amendment. Think about that.

1 comment:

Longbow said...

Thugs, David. They are thugs with official State sanction.

From their point of view, if it was the cops what dunnit, it was the right thing to do because it was the cops what dunnit.