Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Stop the Threat Encore Presentation: Lunch Break

From American Trigger Sports Network:
This week's crime scene: An armed citizen makes a decision whether or not to stop a burglary in process at his favorite donut shop while on a lunch break. 

Hosted by James B. Towle with Special Guests: Kelly Muir, Rob Pincus, Steve Vandermolen 

Watch on the PURSUIT Channel! DISH Network: Channel 240 HUNT DirecTV: Channel 604 PRST

Wednesdays 2:00pm PST 5:00pm EST
Thursdays 10:00pm PST
Fridays 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST
Fridays 1:00am EST

2 comments:

Joseph P. Martino said...

I hold a concealed carry permit. I've thought about what I'd do if I were in a restaurant when a robbery occurred. My plan is so long as the robber is robbing only the cash register, that's between the proprietor and his insurance company. If the robber makes any move to injure or abuse the clerk, I'll get involved. If a gun gets pointed anywhere near me, I'll defend myself. But stopping a robbery isn't my job.

Anonymous said...

Probably not. We are all responsible for our own safety. If the bad guy was ignoring me, I probably would not tempt fate by throwing down on him. If the victim did not see fit to defend themselves, then there may be some valid reason for that. It would probably bother me to kill someone over nothing that concerned me. But on the other hand, I would also be bothered if I let an innocence person get killed and did nothing, so at that point I may be tempted to shoot the guy out of a guilty sense of justice. Then I'd call them both an ambulance. Who knows for sure. The bottom line is: the only person you can count on in those types of situations is yourself.