Monday, July 14, 2014

Bloomberg Wants You Dead

We talked about the cult leader's approving Rolling Stone interview here, focusing on his insufferable elitist snobbery.

Kevin Starrett thinks it's important to highlight another bit of hypocrisy from page 2 of the interview (the whole thing is ludicrous, but this point is especially telling):
No, I mean, guns are dangerous. The statistics are overwhelming. You're something like 22 times more likely to get killed in your home if you have a gun than if you don't. [Gestures at a staffer.] Let's say Amanda's trying to break in. "Excuse me, Amanda, I've gotta go get my gun to shoot you. Now, where did I put that combination to that lock? And the bullets were where? I don't know what the fuck…how do you turn the safety off?" Are you kidding me? The last thing you want to do when somebody breaks in and puts a gun toward you is try to go for a gun. That's really stupid. I don't know if you're going to get shot one way, but I guarantee you're going to get killed the other way.
But on the Everytown site:
When parents store their guns safely, they dramatically lower the chance of accidental shootings and suicides in their homes. But more than two million American children live in homes with unsecured guns.
We can't overlook those who survive because of that. Or those who die in homes with "secured" guns.

As was observed in Bloomberg's candidate survey, demanding to make that mandatory is one of the criteria he's going to be judging politicians on:
Do you support a law that would allow a prosecutor to bring charges if a gun owner stores a firearm negligently, a minor accesses the gun, and harm results?
In other words, lock up your safety or be destroyed, or lock up your safety AND be destroyed.

Heads he wins, tails you lose. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious point! I can't believe Bloomberg is still quoting that long ago discredited Kellerman crap, which I am sure is the source for the 22 times.

I am sure Bloomberg tells his armed guards that the last thing they need to do is go for a weapon if they are being attacked.