Monday, January 26, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

I am worried, however, about encouraging a plan that arms too many civilians. As someone who has spent 40 years in the criminal-justice system, I have been around guns and the people who use them for both good and bad reasons. I have seen the murder and mayhem that weapons can cause when used by criminals, but I also know of many cases in which guns were used by private citizens who, despite their best intentions, caused more harm than good, as well as cases in which a failure to safeguard the weapon resulted in horrific tragedy and the loss of innocent life. In light of recent events, however, I am convinced that Jews everywhere are now targets of terrorists intent on killing us. Accordingly, I am leaning closer to changing my mind on this issue as I come to grips with the realization that no police force, however superb, can always be everywhere. It is really that simple. [More]
Yeah, well, let everybody know when you stop being a dithering, hand-wringing squish and accept the burdens of freedom.  Because right now, you're pretty goddamn useless, and truth be known, if you're just thinking about maybe thinking about this now, it's probably too late for you and for anyone ignorant and indecisive enough to pay attention to you.


2 comments:

David said...

What a tool. He's only in favor of "civilians" carrying guns when he personally feels threatened. OTOH, better late than never.

silvestris said...

You are spot on, David. There are two places I have to go unarmed, court and jail. In those places I would not want to be armed because of my close proximity to some who might desire to disarm me and cause mayhem. Other private places that prohibit my possession of my weapons, well, I just don't go there. However, I doubt that their signs would impede the criminal mind.