Monday, October 05, 2015

Guide for the Reading-Challenged

The organization known as Oath Keepers is demanding a “marketplace response” to Waffle House’s no-gun policy. [More]
No, I made it unmistakeably clear, emphasizing the point with a link to my "Who Speaks for Oath Keepers?" piece, that I was, and I quote:
 ...speaking for myself...
And I didn't "demand" -- I simply stated my position, gave my reasons, shared my response and said "I encourage..." and "I hope..." others would follow suit.  If individuals in comments happen to agree with me, that's their right and their choice.

So it figures the author then says:
The thing about this issue is at it’s heart, it’s not about guns at all. It is whether or not businesses have the right to deny service to those they choose to.
No, because the piece he's featuring never claimed otherwise. The issue is, at its heart, about not doing business with people who impose unacceptable and offensive conditions. If Waffle House or other entities won't offer a guarantee to back their actions, I see no reason to place myself under their imposed conditions.

What kind of "libertarian" would fault that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably the same idiots that curse Dunkin' Donuts for not serving cops.