Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Haunted by His Past

Donald Trump in 2000: “I Support the Ban on Assault Weapons” [More]
Yeah, we know.

What's the point of emphasizing it now? Especially by a guy who puts Think Progress first among his Twitter profile links?

The first time I voted for president, I chose McGovern. If you'd asked me back in the 80s, I'd have endorsed licensing and registration.

We grow. We learn. We change.

Have you never evolved on a position?

Sure, we can by default presume the guy is a phony and that he's just telling the rubes what they want to hear. If you do that without proof, I sure hope you never find your fate in the hands of jurors doing the same.

By all means, watch Trump -- and all the other candidates -- like a hawk for inconsistencies and fresh sellouts. Just understand that collectivist writers on collectivist websites are counting on being able to scream "String him up!" and watching the mob go for the rope.

[Via @pamnsc]

No comments: